terça-feira, 17 de maio de 2011

Inglês Você Entende?

Let's remember something!


Greetings


How are you? = I’m fine. Thank you!

We generally use when we want/hope some positive answer and we don't know any person very much. Ex:


Teacher: Hi! My name is Julia. How are you?

Student 1: I’m fine!

Student 2: I’m great!

Student 3: I’m so so!


How do you do? = How do you do?

We answer with the same question. It's a fast greeting. Ex:


Jim: Hey! How do you do?

Milena: How do you do?

 

How are you doing? = I’m bad.

We generally use when we really know some person and we want some sincere answer. Ex:


Michel: Hello boy! How are you doing?

John: Hi! I am not good today.

Michel: Wow! What happened?

John: I have a stomachache. And you, how are you doing?

Michel: I am so fine! Thank you!


Questions and answers


Names (people) > What’s your name? = My name is Arnold.

Names (people) > Who are you? = (I am) Caroline.

Things > What is this/it? = This/it is a house.


Vocabulary


Here we have some vocabularies which we worked in the classroom:


sofa, car, computer, chair, table, city, pen, pencil, cat, dog, school, book, television (TV), sharpener, rubber/eraser, mirror, bed, glue, notebook.


Pronouns and to be verb


We have singular and plural forms of pronouns. And we have different forms of to be verb for these pronouns. We must only use these respective forms of to be verb for each pronoun.


Singular

I am

You are

He is

She is

It is


Plural

We are
You are
They are

Ex:

I am very fine!
How are you?
She is very funny

 

PAY ATTENTION -> NEVER:

 

She are good = It is not correct!!!!!
They is fine = It is not correct!!!!!
It am handsome = It is not correct!!!!!

 

Informações Adicionais:

 

Inscrições – Aos Sábados No Colégio Estadual Brigadeiro Schorcht

Horário do Curso –  De 08 Às 10:00 / De 14:00 Às 16:00

Duração do Curso – Consultar

Professor Responsável – Vinicius / Felipe

 

Charlie

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário